Lead Network Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||United Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Smart & UtilitiesSmart & Utilities - Business AnalystSmart & Utilities - ArchitectsSmart & Utilities - ProgrammersSmart & Utilities - Firmware DevelopersSmart & Utilities - EngineersSmart & Utilities - Project ManagersSmart & Utilities - Zigbee ExpertsSmart & Utilities - Sales / PresalesSmart & Utilities - Business DevelopmentSmart & Utilities - Testers|
|Job Ref||Network Engineer|
Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:00 or 09:00-17:30. A minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
I have a requirement for a market leading provider of innovative technology and services to the utilities and energy industry. We are creating a more competitive utilities sector, improving our customers lives through better service and greater choice and guiding our clients through complex industry change. Our purpose is to make utilities smarter for everyone. We deploy our technology and talent to deliver innovation and automation through our SaaS and Business Process Management solutions from which we create actionable data analytics and insight. To date, The client has enabled a significant number of new entrant energy suppliers to enter the industry and we manage several million customers on behalf of suppliers and metering companies. Clients include a host of well-known energy providers, both UK and overseas-based.
My Client are looking for a talented Lead Network Engineer, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar discipline, to join the Infrastructure team. We are looking for a Lead Network Engineer to provide technical support and expertise on the data network in LAN, WAN, Wireless and Security environments.
As a Lead Network Engineer, you will contribute to the overall architecture and design of our infrastructure by using your technical expertise to ensure maximum service availability and performance through proactive monitoring, reporting and planning. You will play a lead role in developing the capability of the Network team by offering support through technical subject matter experience, expertise and day to day coaching.
As the Lead Network Engineer, you will be expected to work within the Infrastructure team and assist in ensuring smooth operations of the systems and infrastructure. You will work with the Head of Infrastructure on existing systems, new implementation projects and general support duties.
Like any business, we continually invest in a team of technological experts to support and develop or existing infrastructure. That is why across our business, the Infrastructure department constantly monitors and improves the systems on which we run to ensure that our business can run to its full potential.
Description of Responsibilities
- Experienced in Network Management, Network Design, Configuration and Implementation
- Implement and install a number of Firewalls, Routers and Switches leading through to support and maintenance.
- Act as the escalation point for all network technologies and other security protocols.
- Ensuring that the corporate networks are performing to expectations
- Work closely with other teams to understand requirements on both the Network and Security sides.
- Be a senior member within the Infrastructure Team leading by example and aiding within highly technical environments.
- Training/mentoring junior members of staff.
- Performing risk assessment/business impact for all network changes.
- Technical lead on departmental investigations into the data network and associated 3rd party clients.
- Ensure that all network, security & telephony incidents are recorded, tracked, escalated and resolved in a controlled manner.
- Ensure that the Security suite (including IPS) is running as expected with correct rule sets and reporting upon any incidents
- Coordinating efforts of third parties in provision of support and development activity
- Optimising support and maintenance activities to achieve service measures.
- Work with customers/users to identify service improvements.
- The role is an exciting mix of BAU and Project work where you will have a real impact on the future of the companies networking estate.
You will have:
- Full, current driving licence
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of the full IT life cycle, with detailed knowledge of at least one of the
- CCNP/JNCIP or equivalent level of knowledge
- Good Understanding of Load Balancing
- Strong troubleshooting and network diagnostic skills
- Experience of layer 2 technologies
- Network management tools Experience
- Extensive experience with a wide spectrum of vendors such as Cisco, Juniper etc.
- Network and authentication services
- Understanding of large scale network technologies eg MPLS, BGP, QoS, OSPF
- Network and infrastructure security, including Firewalls, Routers and Switches
- Strong knowledge of IPS and IDS
You will be:
- Able to project a professional image
- Articulate and diplomatic
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' experience in fast moving environment
- CISCO Network Engineer Cisco - CCNP/WAN/LAN/MPLS/BGP/OSPF/IS-IS
- Degree in Computer/IT related discipline
- ISO Staff Awareness
- Follow IMS Policies
- Reporting of Incidents