Risk & Change Project Functions Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||United Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Smart & Utilities - Project Managers|
|Start Date||January 2018|
- Risk & Change Project Functions Engineer
Key Responsibilities Risk
1. Management of the WF Risk / Opportunity Register – Candidate will be supported by Risk Manager in meetings however candidate will be responsible for all maintenance and all additions to the Risk Register, to fulfil this the following work will be required;
a. Carry out Risk / Opportunity identification sessions with packages to ensure latest information is always available to the Risk Manager and the project contingency figure is correctly represented. It is expected that techniques such as mind mapping, programme walk through etc. will be used to ensure this is achieved.
b. Carry out regular updates of the Risk / Opportunity Register to ensure that latest Risk / Opportunity position is always reflected.
c. General management of the Risk / Opportunity register as a document, ensuring the document remains in good order, is closed out and is submitted to document control at month end.
2. Information that must be captured to ensure Risk Register is correctly completed, working with package manager in all instances;
a. Risk / Opportunity definition – ensuring that the Risk / Opportunity register is correctly detailed including, categorisation, title, detailed description.
b. Quantification – from the Risk / Opportunity defined, quantifying as accurately as possible with information available, quantification will include defining a MIN, MID, MAX case with an applied % probability, this will apply both financially and to schedule delay quantification will be carried out for pre and post mitigation scenarios.
c. Mitigation - explore, understand and detail mitigation options available for Risk, capture required actions and cost of mitigation as required. Ensure that progress monitored and any reduction of Risk is reflected.
d. Risk / Opportunity Timing – Capturing timing of when Risk / Opportunity are expected to occur, timing for when mitigation should be carried out and when next update will be available. The candidate will be expected to use this information prioritise and focus works.
3. Preparation of reporting;
a. Candidate will use data from Risk / Opportunity register in order to produce monthly package reports, this reporting will include key numbers and charts to ensure that tracking of open, closed Risks and Opportunities, tracking package contingency figure, tracking split of risk by category is monitored and reported.
b. Candidate will support Project Risk Manager in completion of slide decks for monthly meetings and ad-hoc meetings as required.
Key Responsibilities Change
1. Assist in producing change related month-end / executive reporting
a. Consistency and reconciliation based exercises2. Supporting change controller in facilitating Change Management Procedure as required
3. Support the effective communication & policing of change management on the project
a. Working with Change Controller to ensure that functions KPI4. Champion a pro-active procedure not reactive
5. Expedite inputs & approvals to the changes as they pass through the system, ensuring Change Approval Forms are processed in a timely manner
6. Facilitate lessons learnt process driven by approved changes
1. Essential: Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
2. Essential : Personal characteristics
a. Organised with good planning and time management skills
b. Analytical problem solver
c. Persistent and self-motivated
d. Strong communicator, able to communicate with team members at all levels3. Essential: Strong numerical skills with ability to quantify scenarios with logic applied.
1. Directly reporting to Project Risk and Change Manager
2. Project Change Controller
3. All WF Package Managers and sub teams as required;
a. Construction Management
c. Foundation Supply / Transport & Installation
d. Inter Array Cables Supply / Installation & Logistics
e. WTG Supply / Installation & Logistics
f. Ports & Facilities
g. SCADA4. Project Controls Department
a. Cost Management