Lead HDVC Cables Package Project Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||United Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Wind Energy / Renewables - Project Management Office|
|Salary||Competitive Day Rate|
|Job Ref||Lead PM HVDC UK|
- The Lead Project Manager is a critical role within the Offshore Business focussing on the delivery of substantial packages within offshore projects in the UK and overseas (USA, Germany, France...), working with Multinational Joint Venture Partner(s) and Contractors ensuring that Company position is suitably protected at any agreements.
Belonging to the EPC Services Team and Reporting to either the Head of Project Support or a technical discipline Department Manager, the Lead Project Manager will be responsible for defining delivery strategies and plans, tendering, negotiating and managing multi-million offshore delivery contracts, planning and implementing delivery sites and logistics, leading delivery phase including management of multiple offshore contractors and associated interfaces, defining company and business standards and acceptance criteria, and ensuring quality, best practices and excellent H&SE performance are applied.
The individual will be working as part of a global business with activities in many countries across Europe and the rest of the world. The position may require frequent travel to various locations in the UK and overseas and during development, contracting and delivery of substantial packages the individual should be prepared to manage teams working at different project locations.
· Multi-million pound packages and contracts within the Global Offshore Wind Business 6000MW investment plan
· Leadership of complex installation and project management works is a key activity in offshore substantial packages, where CAPEX is higher than £20m.
· Very broad range of project management, contract management and installation management areas of expertise to develop and implement.
· Offshore industry is still relatively immature, and a key focus is on driving down cost. This role will play a large part in developing initiatives to reduce the cost of engineering, delivery and contracting.
· British, Spanish, French, US and German team members, different cultures to incorporate in the substantial packages.
· Lead delivery of complex multi-million pound, multi-disciplinary, multi- contract packages with a substantial number of interfaces and coordination to manage.
· Ensure substantial packages are delivered on time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
· Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices and quality requirements for large scale offshore windfarm substantial packages, to be constructed across a number of countries throughout Europe and USA.
· Ensure the delivery of substantial packages is appropriate and consistent with Company strategy and delivered according to specification, budget and timetable without compromising safety.
· Define, implement and resource the appropriate organisation structure for managing the delivery of the substantial packages.
· Manage the substantial packages delivery team, comprising employees working within a number of countries throughout Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain…) and USA to ensure project execution with intelligent and cost effective resourcing.
· Prepare substantial packages for the execution phase including contracting offshore equipment, delivery companies, onshore facilities, harbours, consultants, H&SE and quality plans, etc.
· Manage team will be responsible for leading execution phase (onshore and offshore) of substantial project packages of multi-functional teams. Package teams will include legal, commercial, financial and technical.
· Manage project sites (manufacturing facilities, onshore sites, harbours, vessels and offshore sites) under delivery including contractors, consultants and supervisors to support the overall investment plan.
· Manage site hand over from construction to O&M to secure long term investment value and minimise risks.
· Provide key and strategic delivery advice, assessment and recommendations to the business providing key knowledge, lessons learned and support to the substantial packages throughout the whole life cycle (development to decommissioning) to support the business plan delivery
· Provide expert advice on appropriate bid levels/ programme strategies/ commercial strategies/ commercial agreements relative to projects (large packages) to maximise value. Provide key input in the preparation of investment dossiers for all funding requests for projects (large packages) to secure investment support at best value.
· Develop HSE strategy and plans for all project sites and ensure consistency with Company business strategy to minimise risks and enhance reputation.
· Coordinate with the HSE team to develop HSE strategy for offshore windfarm delivery and ensure a high standard of health and safety awareness is maintained.
· Ensure all lessons learnt regarding offshore delivery are captured and shared across the different offshore substantial packages. Establish the right mechanisms for this process and ensuring the teams and substantial package implement them to capture and enhance business value.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
· Proven project management experience within a delivery orientated environment in the delivery of large scale £multi-million build substantial packages through the pre-delivery, delivery and operation transition phases.
· Substantial experience and skills in leading teams involved in large multidiscipline substantial packages in international environment and in JV structures. Ability to manage people effectively to deliver required outputs in a timely manner.
· Substantial delivery preparation and management experience in offshore environment.
· Substantial “hands-on experience” within a delivery project management environment ideally in a commercially focused utility service and/or delivery business.
· High degree of competency in future planning. Proven experience in delivery and contracting management and programming.
· Experience in offshore windfarm, marine works or oil and gas delivery and marine operations.
· Experience in leading tendering processes, contract negotiations and detailed commercial delivery contracts.
· Experience in dealing with health and safety and environmental legislation associated with delivery, marine and offshore substantial packages.
· Proactive people manager, leader and motivator.
· Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors and Senior Management.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and develop key project and business decisions.
· Good report writing, presentation skills and ability to summarize key parameters and drivers impacting the project and business.
· Ability to work, manage teams and manage decision making process under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implements mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems.
· Innovative and creative thinking.
· Problem solving – dealing with conflicting requirements.
· Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
· Effective capacity for change and experience of leading others through change.
· Contribute (or ensure resources are available) to early development substantial packages, providing key knowledge to development teams on build ability / delivery issues.
· Makes recommendations on the staff requirements to ensure delivery of substantial packages over a 4 – 5 year period.
· Recruit staff necessary to deliver the substantial packages over the above timescales.
· Liaise with JV Partners to ensure Company requirements are incorporated within project structures.
· Organise and manage teams for the delivery of the substantial packages.
· Manage delivery resource across a number of substantial packages to ensure input into all relevant aspects of the substantial packages.
· Liaise with Project Directors across the business to ensure all delivery aspects are appropriately considered during the project planning and execution.
- Ability to manage complex substantial packages and contracts which require interface and precise coordination with multiple disciplines (structures, turbines, electrical cables, offshore substations, ports, vessels).
- Ability to manage teams in JVs at multiple international substantial packages and sites.
· Balance technical detail with commercial needs and provide recommendations, taking into account all relevant risks.
· Ensure that all recommendations are documented and sufficient due diligence exists to support decisions (whether internal or external diligence).
PLANNING & ORGANISING
· 10 year planning horizon includes development, contracting, construction and handover to operation of offshore wind assets.
· Responsible for implementation of substantial project packages to support Business Plan and setting annual team and individual goals, managing reviews and performance.
· Formulating and gaining approvals for substantial project packages investment cases and annual budgets then controlling and forecasting.
· Specifying and procuring multi-million pound project contracts.
· Creating project health, safety and environmental plans and implementation.
· Coordinate support and key expertise from Discipline Leads (electrical, civil, mechanical, etc.) to ensure substantial packages and contracts technical compliance to minimise costs/ risks
· Collaborate with all Technical Services Team to secure key knowledge inputs for application within substantial packages/ contracts to secure best practice and value from investments
· Lead and instruct Project Managers to deliver substantial packages for business plan
· Collaborate with Head of O&M to ensure requirements are specified and delivered and assets are effectively transferred into operation to deliver business returns
· Collaborate with Head of Delivery for effective and efficient deployment of resources and knowledge development/ retention
· Collaborate with Heads of Contract Management for procurement of key contracts and terms/ specification to secure best value and minimise costs/ risks
· Coordinate with Head of HSQE to comply with standards and minimise legal/ regulatory risks
· Management of Consultants to deliver key advice and compliance
· Management of major suppliers (Wind turbines, foundations, cables, vessels etc.) to ensure substantial package/ contract delivery.
· Collaboration with Partners aligning investment plans, sharing knowledge and best practice and delivering joint venture substantial packages.
· Degree and professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline – Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering or Naval Architectural.
- Substantial postgraduate experience in industry with significant experience in Offshore Wind
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
· Relevant experience in offshore delivery planning and set up.
· Good knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine delivery substantial packages.
· Good knowledge of offshore procedures, standards and guides.
· Experience in managing high skilled teams.
· Experience of contracting, engineering design and delivery
· Experience of offshore sector
· Proven track record delivering complex multi-discipline substantial packages.
· Knowledge and experience of large scale engineering contracts
· Health and safety management skills
· Health and safety – NEBOSH qualification
· Cultural awareness
· Foreign languages (Spanish, French, German)