Electrical Design/Estimating Engineer PERM
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||United Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Smart & Utilities - Sales / PresalesSmart & Utilities - Business Development|
|Job Ref||Electrical Design/Estimating Eng|
- Electrical Design/Estimating Engineer
As part of our continuing growth we have an immediate requirement for a junior/intermediate electrical engineer/estimator to join our team working out of our office in Corby Northamptonshire.
The role will be varied however we would expect the successful candidate to take ownership of all enquiries when they are received, produce electrical schemes for pricing purposes and issue full tender documentation/quotations on deadlines, attend tender interviews when necessary and take overall responsibility and control of the tender process.
Following the successful awardment of the project we would expect the successful candidate to complete a full design of the project, from technical submittals, cable calculations using Amtech and the production of full design drawings using Autocad.
During the design process we would expect the successful candidate to produce bill of materials to enable the procurement process to commence and during the project answer any technical queries the site team may have during the installations process, issue all O&M documentation for handover of the project.
The successful candidate would be based in our office but will be expected to travel to sites from time to time to carry out site surveys.
Key skills required
- Strong electrical design knowledge – Essential
- Autocad operator - Essential
- Amtech user – Essential
- Estimating experience – Good to have
- Working to tight deadlines – Essential
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time - Essential
- Impeccable communicator - Essential
- Impeccable presentation – Essential
- Ability to build on existing relationships
- ONC/HNC electrical and electronic engineering