|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||United Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Transmission & Distribution|
|Start Date||Ongoing Requirement|
- As part of ERSG's relationship and exclusivity agreement with Powell Engineering, we have ongoing requirements for Wiremen at various substation sites across the UK.
Minimum Training/ Qualifications
3 yrs. + experience on NG/ DNO works for major industry company (e.g. PEL, Alstom, ABB, Siemens etc.)
Working Toward City & Guilds/ NVQ or Equivalent
National Grid ‘Person’
BESC – Basic Electrical Safety Competence
17th Edition Upgrade
Safety Passport, CSCS, SHEA or IOSH Working Safely
Plant Operators Training IPAF (MEWP & Scissor)
Environmental Awareness including Asbestos Awareness
First Aid (1 Day) minimum
Work at Height Training/ Manual Handling
PASMA Tower User
Essential/ Key Responsibilities
Works as a part of an electrical installation team working on the electrical systems and is able to carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with client Policy and Procedure.
1. Read and interpret detailed wiring drawings and specifications. Has a general understanding of the function of the cables being installed and terminated.
2. Carry out to a high standard wiring of control panels, associated equipment and installation of protection wiring within a substation environment.
3. Pulling cables, multicore glanding, looming, terminating, jointing etc. of multicore cables.
4. Notify the appropriate supervisor of any difficulties in completing the committed work programme caused by inadequate drawings, delays, resources or material issues and propose suitable remedies.
5. Understand and implement their Legal duty in the workplace to take reasonable care for themselves and others that may be affected by their activities.
6. Works towards eliminating risks and hazards by adopting and enforcing risk assessment and method statement techniques.
7. Observe all site safety rules to ensure correct and recognised systems of safe working practice are adhered to.
8. Makes proper use of all PPE in line with company policy.
9. Reports all accidents and damage to the supervisor whether persons are injured or not.