|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||United Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Transmission & Distribution|
|Start Date||Ongoing Requirement|
- As part of ERSG's relationship and exclusivity agreement with Powell Engineering, we have ongoing requirements for Mechanical Fitters at various substation sites across the UK.
Minimum Training/ Qualifications
Experience in electrical Industry on NG/ DNO works for major industry company (e.g. PEL, Alstom, ABB, Siemens)
National Grid ‘Person’ (NSi 8 Full etc.)
BESC - Basic Electrical Safety Competence
Safety Passport, CSCS, SHEA or IOSH Working Safely
Plant Operators Training IPAF (MEWP & Scissor)
Manual Handling/ Work at Height
Environmental Awareness including Asbestos Awareness
First Aid (1 Day) minimum
QCF Level 2 in Power Engineering (Substation Plant) or City & Guilds/ NVQ or Equivalent in Mechanical/ Electrical Discipline
Plant Operators Training Tele-handler
Vehicle Banksman/ Abrasive Wheels/ Slinger-Signaller
PASMA Tower Scaffolding
Essential/ Key Responsibilities
1. Undertakes the installation or modification of primary equipment (GIS & AIS) ranging from 11KV to 400KV.
2. Has a general understanding of drawings, work packs and the installation practices for all the main Primary Equipment and Switchgear (GIS & AIS).
3. Acts as a National Grid ‘Person’ under NG Safety Rules.
4. Ensures all work practices conform to Quality and Environmental procedures.
5. Understands and implements their Legal duty in the workplace to take reasonable care for themselves, that of fellow employees and others that may be affected by their activities.
6. Is proactive in eliminating risks and hazards by adopting and enforcing risk assessment and method statement techniques.
7. Observes all site safety rules to ensure correct and recognised systems of safe working practice are adhered to.
8. Notifies the appropriate supervisor of any difficulties in carrying out the committed work programme caused by inadequate drawings, delays, resources or material issues and proposes suitable remedies.
9. Has and will make proper use of all PPE in line with company policy.
10. Reports all accidents and damage to their supervisor whether persons are injured or not. Suggests ways of eliminating hazards or improving Health & Safety.