Network Commissioning Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||Germany, EuropeUnited Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Wind Energy / RenewablesWind Energy / Renewables - ConstructionWind Energy / Renewables - Development & PlanningWind Energy / Renewables - EngineeringWind Energy / Renewables - Health and Safety / Quality (HSEQ)Wind Energy / Renewables - Operations & MaintainanceWind Energy / Renewables - Project Management Office|
Network Expert Commissioning Engineer
Purpose of the Job
As part of control system commissioning team and focused on commissioning activities and requirements:
- Commissioning of wind farm network, coordinating with teams within engineering, project office, commissioning and service.
- Validation of project requirements, installation and verification of networking (SCADA, Wind Parc Controller, Wind Turbine Controller), coordinating validation activities with the site teams.
- Provide technical support, advice and instructions.
Position in the Organization Direct reporting:
- Control System Package Manager. // If subcontractor, not applicable, it would be his/her manager
- Commissioning Team Manager. // If subcontractor, it would be Control System Package manager
Network & Links
- Offshore Operations, Engineering, Platform, Reliability, Installation & Commissioning team, Site Manager.
- Offshore installation/commissioning subcontractors, Vessel companies, Tool suppliers, certification companies, Customer representative, Engineering firms, Logistic companies.
- This Engineer with the support of Control System Package Manager shall ensure compliance in delivering the contractual scope, defining the communication, control interfaces and acceptance tests with Customer and other parties as described under the contract.
- During execution phase, the commissioning network engineer shall work under guidance of the CS Package Manager to procure best quality goods, receive them on time, and tests the various systems together as much as possible in order to minimize works off-shore.
- Define validation and verification plans of wind farm network according to project and customer requirements coordinating and executing validation activities with the site teams.
- Define validation and verification plans of all external interfaces of the windfarm according to project and customer requirements coordinating and executing validation activities with the site teams.
- Responsible of wind farm communications and of integration of all internal and external interfaces of the windfarm. Lead configuration, installation and tests of various network devices and services, in example routers, switches, VPN.
- With support of engineering network experts and technicians, lead wind farm network analysis, monitoring and patch where required.
- In coordination with Commissioning Shift Leader and Site Manager plan the site to commissioning windfarm network tests. These test & commissioning will occur on harbor site.
- Network commissioning engineer shall issue the red marked up drawings for as-build purpose and be in charge of the punch items identification and treatment.
- Ensure that technical deviations are reported with a corresponding non-conformance report (NCR).
- Provide regular reports on progress status. Minimize variations of the validation and verification plan.
Responsibilities on EHS
- To implement and enforce within its area of EHS management policy.
- Comply with EHS policy.
- Participate in the deployment and compliance with legal requirements and internal EHS.
- Carry out work per the rules and procedures, avoiding any acts or omissions at work that might pose a danger or risk to its integrity or the people around them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineering from an accredited College or University or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Mandatory: English
- Wished: German or French or Spanish
Knowledge / Experience
- Solid knowledge on design and / or modeling of network systems (VLAN, QoS, level 3 switch, routing).
- Experience with Hirschmann switch.
- Experience with network troubleshooting.
- Experience in wind industry with a focus on plant controls systems. [Recommend].
Technical skills / Competencies:
- Solid understanding of OSI model & network design
- Experience on reporting, documentation management, NCR management.
- Ability to prepare and follow Tests and documentation check lists, test plans.
- Ability to design and apply solutions for the NCR’s, containment actions and propose solutions.
- PC knowledge of Microsoft applications as well as industrial and management software.
- Ability to work offshore (Offshore medical certificate, Sea Survival, Wind Turbine full rescue course).
- Experience in Wind projects site construction, with multinational team and subcontractor workforce.
Behavioral skills / competencies:
- Willing to travel 50% + site travel for final delivery of windfarm controls commissioning (team turnover).
- Able to manage physical jobs (climbing, crawling, squatting, …)
- Able to work at heights, Helicopter transfers, Vessel transfers.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractors’ environment