This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
- To manage the day to day site works of contractor teams to complete all reinstatement ground works by the end of September 2018 and all remaining works by the end of 2018.
- Based at Construction site office (Steyning, Susssex), with approx 90% of time on site engaging with the contractors site teams & 10% of time in office.
- Part of a section team reporting to the Works Manager who proactively and effectively manage the contractors, inspect and record works.
- Maintains records of works carried out by each work team on daily basis, liaises with QS to ensure records are adequate for claims, future claims etc
- Monitors work of subcontractors on a QC, HSE and environmental basis
- Maintains progress diagrams on daily basis
- Provides assistance to Contractors work gangs with any issues, liaising with Works manager, site engineers and Land agents to ensure problems are solved in a timely and effective manner
- Monitors subcontractor resource levels, recording in DPR.
- Reviewing subcontractor’s daily allocation sheets on a daily basis signing off for record purposes
- Continually monitoring work of subcontractors within section on a QC, HSE and environmental basis
- Provides proactive advice to subcontractors to resolve any problems
- Ensures subcontractors are adhering to good working practices
- Ensures all excavations have current permit in place
- Liaises with subcontractors on day to day basis to ensure all records are kept correctly
- Addresses any quality issues with subcontractors
- Reviews RAMS from a practical and methodology perspective
- Looks ahead at future work to ensure necessary permits, RAMS, resources, advance works etc are in place or being progressed
- 10 years’ experience of relevant onshore construction projects
- Good working knowledge of the requirements of the duties under the Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2015
- Available to work weekdays and occasional weekends when required and by agreement with the Onshore Cable Works Manager.
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in the use of computers including general Microsoft Office applications.
- Provision and supply of own IT with general Microsoft Office software.
- Provision and supply of mobile phone including data connection for occasional use on site
- Technical site based background with proven experience of reinstatement activities and associated QA requirements.
- Good working knowledge of working on large scale Onshore construction projects
- NEBOSH construction certificate or other relevant safety qualification desirable
- Have a working knowledge of construction health, safety and environmental legislation
- Demonstrate recent experience (minimum 5 years) of major and complex civil construction sites with recent utility experience
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others and develop professional working relationships to help drive positive attitudes throughout all aspects of the works.