Offshore Wind Electrical and Onshore Works Technical Package Man
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Taiwan, Asia & Pacific|
|Sector||Wind Energy / Renewables - Development & Planning|
|Job Ref||Taipei electrical Onshore Works|
Offshore Wind Electrical and Onshore Works Technical Package Manager – Taiwan
Work type: Full timeLocation: Taipei
Division: Infrastructure & Energy
3. Electrical and Onshore Works (Technical)
Reporting to the EPC Lead
Work together with our partners, advisors and team members to manage diverse EPC related elements of the projects that may cover and include:
• Interface seamlessly with the other Package Managers (Commercial and Technical) to ensure that the overall offshore wind development is successfully procured and delivered.
• Overall responsibility for project management of their relevant package during the planning and development phase in lead up to construction.
• Responsible for coordination with all supporting functions, including Contracts, Finance, Permits, and ensuring internal requirements are aligned within the package
• Providing technical input and recommendations on procurement strategy for the relevant package to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for our projects;
• Ensuring that all technical requirements are scoped within the tender materials, leading technical negotiations and coordinating with negotiations team
• Providing recommendations on technical requirements, including scope and interfaces, and ensuring alignment with package mangers
• Manage and review technical design development for the relevant package in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals;
• Responsible for providing relevant technical and commercial input into tender documentation; assessment & evaluation of proposals; commercial, technical & contractual negotiations; and final contract award.
• Review and analysis of supply, install, construction costs and EPC / O&M prices
• Establishment and management of Health and Safety standards to offshore wind industry best practice, and oversee the effective implementation of health & safety plans on their relevant package;
• Establishment and management of Environmental standards to meet the environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice;
• Identification, development and management of support services that may be required during the lead up to construction
• Day-to-day management of the package team
• Establish suitable and effective internal weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
• Develop meeting schedules and identify participants required on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
• Assist with input in the financial modelling of the offshore wind projects where required
• Prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process Construction Phase
• Overall project management during construction and forward planning of EPC Contractor activities for the relevant package.
• Programme management of the relevant EPC and O&M Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
• Engage in engineering reviews for the relevant package and provide timely feedback on issues and resolutions.
• Oversee the relevant package contractor(s) during construction to ensure witness and inspection points are attended and relevant quality plan procedures are being implemented and reported on accurately.
• Provide oversight and recommendations on contract administration matters
• Manage time effectively between Office and Site to ensure that construction is being delivered “on time” and “on budget”
• Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall project delivery on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving
• Establish suitable weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
• Oversee and manage work health and safety plan implementation to ensure standards are being met and accurately reported on
• Oversee and manage environmental plan implementation to ensure compliance with environmental impact assessment permits and requirements including meeting all reporting obligations
• Oversee and manage relevant handover procedures for each package ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors
• Oversee and provide relevant input during the commissioning process
• Trouble-shooting and problem-solving construction related issues as they arise
• Engage with the operations and maintenance contractors and service providers to ensure seamless and handover and minimisation of interface issues
Key skills and knowledge areas required:
• Position to be based in Taiwan, Taipei
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with an energy developer, utility, turbine provider or related field performing technical Package Manager roles for offshore wind projects
• Project management skills
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
• Be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships at the appropriate level.
• Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
• Be a team player.
• Fluent English (written and spoken)
• Mandarin (desired but not essential – written and spoken