Offshore Wind EPC Lead - Taiwan
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Taiwan, Asia & Pacific|
|Sector||Wind Energy / Renewables - Development & Planning|
|Job Ref||EPCLead Taipei|
Offshore Wind EPC Lead – Infrastructure – TaiwanWork type: Full time
Division: Infrastructure & Energy
Reporting to the Project Director
Work together with our partners, advisors and team members to manage diverse EPC related elements of the projects that may cover and include:
• Overall project management during the planning and development phase in lead up to
• Identification and recommendation on establishment of EPC team and disciplines required.
Developing a suitable resource plan to fit with Group’s overall long-term objectives. This may include scoping and selection of project advisers and consultants including owners engineer and other market, technical or environmental consultants;
• Management and co-ordination of all package managers, aligning interfaces and technical
requirements between packages;
• Leading on the management of technical input and recommendations on procurement strategy to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for our projects;
• Responsible for the EPC programme, including aligning with procurement, project finance and permit requirements
• Manage and review technical design development in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals;
• Technical / commercial review and negotiation of term sheets and contracts, including
agreements for wind turbines, piles, submarine cables, electrical substations and construction craft, EPC and O&M agreements
• Review and analysis of construction costs and EPC / O&M prices
• Establishment and management of Workplace Health, Safety and Environment (WHSE)
standards to offshore wind industry best practice and oversee the effective implementation of WHSE plans. Actively encourage a strong WHSE culture within the organisation and its
contractors and consultants;
• Identification, development and management of support services that may be required during the lead up to construction
• Establish suitable and effective internal weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
• Develop meeting schedules and identify participants required on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
• Assist with input in the financial modelling of the offshore wind projects where required
• Prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process
• Overall project management during construction and forward planning of EPC Contractor
• Programme management of the relevant EPC and O&M Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
• Manage package managers during engineering reviews ensuring timely feedback, technical interfaces and coordination of design and engineering requirements
• Manage package managers during construction to ensure witness and inspection points are attended and relevant quality plan procedures are being implemented and reported on accurately.
• Provide oversight and recommendations on contract administration matters
• Manage time effectively between Office and Site to ensure that construction is being delivered “on time” and “on budget”
• Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall project delivery on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving
• Establish suitable weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
• Oversee and manage work health and safety plan implementation to ensure standards are being met and accurately reported on
• Oversee and manage environmental plan implementation to ensure compliance with
environmental impact assessment permits and requirements including meeting all reporting
• Oversee and manage relevant handover procedures for each discrete stage ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors
• Oversee and manage the complete commissioning process
• Trouble-shooting and problem-solving construction related issues as they arise
• Engage with the operations and maintenance contractors and service providers to ensure
seamless and handover and minimisation of interface issues
Key skills and knowledge areas required:
• Based in Taipei, Taiwan
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience with an energy developer, utility or related field
performing a Project / Construction management role for offshore wind project
• Project management skills
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
• Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing relationships at the appropriate level, including the project team and with contractors.
• Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
• Be a team player.
• Fluent English (written and spoken)
• Mandarin (desired but not essential – written and spoken)